This course will enable participants to:
- Develop an understanding of what UMTS is, its overview and architecture;
- Develop an appreciation of how UMTS and related technologies can be used to deliver value to customers,
- Explore the linkages between technological capabilities of UMTS and the antenna systems used for its optimum performance
Pre-Requisite for Participants:
A basic knowledge of GSM/CDMA, IP and data communication technology will be required.
Who Should Attend?
Engineers and managers responsible for the planning, design, and operation of UMTS networks and indoor design services.
- Overview of Mobile Networks
- UMTS System Architecture
- Core Network – Circuit switched Domain and Packet switched Domain
- Spreading and Channelisation Codes and Spreading process
- Power Control, Link Adaptation and Handover
- Air Interface and Channels – (Logical, Transport, Physical)