This is a 5-day workshop that will present details on the following topics:
- UMTS, HSDPA, HSUPA and HSPA+ features
- Relevant wireless channel characteristics
- Radio network analysis, planning and deployment
- Micro-cellular and small-cellular systems
- Inter-system issues (GSM/GPRS and UMTS/HSPA)
- IMS overview. Advanced techniques (QoS, PHY and MAC layer)
- Hands-on radio planning and dimensioning case studies
- Quality is discussed from end customer perspective, i.e., Quality-of-Experience (QoE)
- GSM voice, UMTS voice and UMTS/HSPA data usage scenarios will be considered
- Radio access and core network domains will be studies with respect to QoS.
Pre-Requisite for Participants:
Detailed knowledge of the GSM/GPRS is appreciated.
Who Should Attend?
This course is intended for :
- System performance analysts
- Radio and core network planning and optimization engineers and managers
- Service provider operation and support staff.
- 3GPP Standardization and UMTS Overview
- WCDMA Communication Principles
- UMTS Radio Access Procedures
- NMAC and RRC layer
- GPRS/UMTS/HSPA core network
- Radio Network Planning and Dimensioning
- QoS Fundamentals
- QoS Optimization