SDN (Software-Defined Networking) and NFV (Network Functions Virtualization) offers a revolutionary approach towards designing, building and managing the Next Generation Networks. It allows a logically centralised or distributed software defined program to control the behaviour of an entire network. The basic concept of abstracting the control logic from the underlying physical infrastructure allows network operators to write specific high-level control software that specifies the behaviour of an entire network and in a dynamic fashion. This is in contrast to conventional networks where functionality is embedded in the physical infrastructure and at low level.
Logically centralised control makes it possible for operators to integrate many disjoint network functions such as policy control, firewall, security, prioritisation into a single control framework, thereby allowing operators to create more sophisticated policies and configuration which are easy to configure, manage and troubleshoot.
Both SDN and NFV are the catalyst technologies that will transform current networks indefinitely and provide an agile infrastructure that fulfills the requirements of future businesses.
The aim of the course is to give participants a deep technical understanding of the two most important, yet disruptive, network technologies that will transform networks operated by Carrier Service Providers: Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Functions Virtualization (NFV).
After completing this “Software Defined Networking (SDN/NFV) – Masterclass” training, the participants would be able to:
- Understand the core concepts of virtualization, Cloud computing, Virtualization of network elements
- Understand why NFV offers extraordinary potential to enhance the delivery of carrier and enterprise network services
- Explain the revolution in NFV, SDN, OpenFlow, OpenStack, and Cloud computing.
- Describe the key benefits of SDN, the separation of data and control planes
- Describe the SDN data plane
- Analyse the operation of the SDN control plane
- Configure a SDN-friendly network emulator
- Evaluate a sample SDN’s performance and reliability
- Explain network virtualization and describe NFV reference architecture.
- Describe techniques used for verification and debugging of SDNs
- Describe NFV components and how they work together
- Explain how to create new network services using SDN and NFV
- Describe the role and functionality of middleboxes in networks and how they are managed
- Configure a sample service using SDN and NFV
- Describe techniques to enable applications to control the underlying network using SDN
- Understand how SDN and NFV complement each other
- Discuss the role of NFV in LTE & IMS network design, operations and functions
Pre-Requisite for Participants:
Knowledge of core networking and functions.
Basic understanding of IP-based communication.
Experience with IT infrastructure (i.e. Ethernet, Switches, Routers).
Basic understand of software principles (i.e. APIs)
Who Should Attend?
Anyone interested to understand this important revolution in IT & Networking i.e. Radio and Packet Core Engineers, Managers, Project Managers, IP Engineers, Technical Product Managers, Technical Marketing Officials, Technical Strategy Officials, IT Managers, C-level Decision Makers & Executives.
5-day instructor-led training
- Fundamentals of Modern Networking
- The Need for Software Defined Networking
- SDN Deep Dive
- Virtualization and Network Virtualizations
- Network Function Virtualization
- Network Topology and Topological Information Abstraction
- Security Challenges in SDN
- NFV Application Lifecycle
- SDN Hands on Workshop
What is so special about Telefocal Asia’s SDN/NFV Course?
This course stands out prominently from the rest and is unique in several ways:
- When delivering this course, we adopt a vendor-neutral approach
Notwithstanding the above, our trainer will provide an in-depth study into the various technical aspects of SDN/NFV
- It seeks to impart the latest and state-of-the-art technology with illustrations on use cases or practical implementations from around the world
- It provides a global perspective on how SDN/NFV technology can be harnessed and monetized
- It also examines the various business models that use SDN/NFV as a platform
- Last but not least, it helps identify the key risks associated with security when deploying SDN/NFV solutions
Testimonials from our Delighted Clients:
Those who have benefited from this training have some good reviews about Telefocal’s unique course on SDN/NFV Course:
“Good deep dive on the topic with relevant examples. The trainer is experienced and is able to advise on issues which are outside of the scope of the course too.” ~ Chuan
“The near real life examples often given by the trainer, open insights into the course content” ~ Ryan