The goal of “UMTS Signaling” is to present details for the radio interface of UMTS. It encourages the participants to understand the intricacies of the radio interface, its challenges and what all data is exchanged by the UE bearing the environmental conditions.
Pre-Requisite for Participants:
A basic knowledge of GSM/CDMA, IP and data communication technology will be required.
Who Should Attend?
For technicians, engineers and managers responsible for planning, design, and operation of UMTS networks and indoor design services.
- The UMTS Network Architecture
- Overview of the UMTS Protocol Stack
- Channels in UMTS
- Important Identifiers
- Medium Access Control (MAC)
- Radio Link Control (RLC)
- Radio Resource Control (RRC)
- Important UMTS Scenarios
- NodeB Setup
- UE Registration
- Location Update
- UE Detachment (PS and CS)
- Mobile Originating Call Establishment
- Mobile Terminating Call Establishment
- PDP-Context Activation & Deactivation