On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand GSM network on a system level
- Describe organisation of channels on air interface
- Describe most typical traffic cases
- Describe protocols and procedures on Um interface
- Describe standard protocols and procedures on A-bis interface
- Describe basic components and functionality of the SS7 network
- Describe protocols and procedures on A-interface
- Describe communication between BSS and CN
- Understand architectural changes introduced by the MSC in Pool feature
Pre-Requisite for Participants:
The participants should have attended GSM Technology course or should have the equivalent knowledge. Practical experience in GSM would be recommended.
Who Should Attend?
The course is intended for experienced network engineers and network tuning staff and anyone with network experience, who needs deep technical knowledge on functionality of GSM BSS.
- Physical and logical channels
- Traffic Cases
- Um interface Layer 3
- Speech processing
- MS in idle and active state
- A-bis interface BTSM – BTS Management protocol
- A-bis Operation / Maintenance signalling
- SS7 overview and SS7 in BSS
- MSC in pool