This course enables participants to:
- Develop an understanding of what RAN Optimisation is and what it can do, including the motivation for its development and its present capabilities.
- Help the engineering team in planning and performance management of radio access network. Assist them to have a better understanding of the parameters involved and KPI metrics.
- Develop an appreciation of how RAN Optimisation Principles and related technologies can be used to deliver value to customers, including an exploration of what is meant by “quality of service” and a discussion of the network technology, management systems and business processes required to deliver customer value.
Pre-Requisite for Participants:
A basic understanding of GSM technology will be required.
Who Should Attend?
Technicians, engineers, radio network planners and optimisation engineers, managers, or other personnel responsible for Cellular / Mobile Systems.
- Overview of Mobile Networks
- Introduction of Radio Access Network
- Radio Propagation Theory
- GSM Air Interface
- Fundamental Multiple Access Schemes
- UMTS Radio Access Network
- Migration Path from 2G to 2.5G to 3G
- Basic of Radio Network Planning
- Radio Network Pre-Planning
- Radio Network Parameter Planning
- Network Performance Assessment
- Antenna & Feeder cable Designing
- Radio Network Designing
- Link Budgets
- Frequency Planning and Ant interference
- Handover Scenarios
- Radio Network Problems Positioning and Solving
- UMTS System Design
- 3G System Design Consideration
- ITU-R Propagation Models and Prediction Methods
- Key Performance Indicators