After successfully completing this course, participants will:
- Learn how to build networks to deliver Metro Ethernet Services
- Relate the importance of Metro Ethernet Switching to Service-Provider markets
- Learn how Ethernet Services can be delivered over MPLS and Provider’s backbone transports
- Be able to describe Metro Ethernet deployment solutions
- Be able to compare operational alternatives for service delivery, metro and core architecture
- Learn options for delivery of next generation services over Metro Ethernet
- Understand equipment and solutions that would best fit given customer scenarios
- Learn how QoS and security can be guaranteed
Pre-Requisite for Participants:
Participants must have a solid understanding of 802.1, Ethernet, Spanning Tree, IP, WAN, VPN (Layer 2 & 3), and MPLS principles. They should also understand the basics of Next Generation Networks.
Who Should Attend?
Individuals who design Metro Ethernet Switching solutions for service providers, who implement end-to-end Metro Ethernet Switching services, who deploy networks using Metro Ethernet Switching services and anyone interested in Metro Ethernet.
- Next Generation Carrier Network Requirements
- Customer Private Service Needs
- Carrier Ethernet Primer
- Delivering Quality of Service in Carrier Environments QoS
- Aggregation and Protection Understanding Reliability and Availability MTTF and MTTR
- MPLS Primer
- Metro Ethernet Service Solutions
- Deploying Services in Existing Networks
- Evaluation and Review