This course will enable participants to:
- Develop an understanding of what GSM, GPRS and EDGE is and what it can do, including the motivation for its development, its early history, and its present capabilities.
- Help the engineering team in planning, optimisation and performance management of the wireless data network. Have a better know how of the parameters involved and KPI metrics;
- Develop an appreciation of how GSM, GPRS and EDGE and related technologies can be used to deliver value to customers, including an exploration of what is meant by “quality of service” and a discussion of the network technology, management systems and business processes required to deliver customer value;
- Explore the linkages between technological capabilities of GSM, GPRS and EDGE and the marketing and pricing decisions that forman essential part of delivering quality to customers;
- Help them to envisage the likely and possible future developments in the field, including the application of GPRS, and further technological developments including EDGE and possibilities for a future IP network platform.
Pre-Requisite for Participants:
A basic knowledge of GSM, IP and data communication technology will be required.
Who Should Attend?
Technicians, engineers, supervisors and managers responsible for the planning, design, operation and performance of GSM, GPRS and EDGE networks and services. Intended audience from field and operations engineering, RF and performance engineering, switch engineering.
- Overview of Mobile Networks
- GSM System Architecture
- Air Interface Channel Structure
- Network Planning
- Network Architecture
- GPRS/EDGE Radio Network
- Managing Radio Resources & Optimisation
- GPRS/Edge Packet Network
- GPRS Operating Modes and Cell Selection (Re) selection
- GPRS Simulations
- GPRS Network Refresher
- Medium Access Control and Radio Link
- Mobility Management in GPRS
- Mobility at a cell level
- Location Management in GPRS
- Radio Network Features
- GPRS Cell Parameters, BSC Properties & SGSN Parameters including the KPIs