The participants will gain a detailed end-to-end knowledge of the LTE technology, its relationship with UMTS and HSPA, address real-world problems and compare it with the competing WiMAX technology.
After attending this course, they will be able to understand:
- Evolution from 3GPP UMTS and HSPA to LTE. The related layer 1 and 2 protocol functions are dealt with in great detail.
- Motivation for LTE
- LTE deployment and rollout strategies and its relationship with already-deployed 2G and 3G networks.
- All-IP network architecture
- VoIP, IPTV, and mobile TV as LTE applications
- Distinguishing features of LTE compared with WiMAX
Pre-Requisite for Participants:
A strong knowledge of wireless communication systems is required. Experience with 2G or 3G radio technologies is needed.
Who Should Attend?
Technical managers that want to learn and understand the benefits and potential issues with LTE, 2G and 3G and want to understand differences between LTE and WiMAX. Development, application and deployment engineers that require a good knowledge of the LTE technology and its applications.
- LTE Principles
- LTE Physical Layer
- LTE Physical Layer, contd.
- Multiple Antenna Techniques
- MAC and RRC Layer
- LTE Access Procedures
- Network Architecture and Applications
- LTE Deployment and Radio Planning Introduction
- WiMAX Comparison