This course “LTE Cell Planning and Dimensioning” is designed to accommodate the earlier versions of mobile access technologies such as UMTS and GPRS and, at the same time, prepare the students for LTE and VoLTE implementation.
Cell dimensioning in an LTE network is critical due to the different types of services that can be offered by LTE.
By attending this course, participants will learn how to calculate link budgets and undertake cell planning for users in the cell edge (under worse case scenario).
Network interference is a critical factor to be considered and therefore needs to be account for in the throughput calculation and frequency planning with the scheduler.
Through mastering such techniques, participants will learn how to improve throughput optimization and end-user experience.
Introduction to Long Term Evolution (LTE) or 4G generation cellular network. The radio channel conditions, RF propagation and frequency planning will be presented on the first part of the seminar in order to introduce the practical issues resolve by OFDM/MIMO and resists over the air interface. Link budgets, cell edge and capacity coverage principles are explained and described in details. Attention is also given in post processing techniques like KPI’s and troubleshooting techniques. These techniques will introduce engineers to post processing tools and ideas which are useful to optimize radio access network with real traffic.
- Trainer will present the material in details along with exercises, puzzles, case studies, and interesting group activities to enrich the learning experience and drive home the essential points.
- Material can be customized based on the background of the participants, making new ideas easier to learn as well as relevant to their daily work.
- Printed Participant Slides Handbook will provided.
Pre-Requisite for Participants:
LTE principles – overview is recommended. LTE air interface is also recommended.
Who Should Attend?
This course is suitable for:
- Mobile Networks Engineer who would like to “fill in the holes” and catch up with LTE planning and optimizing principles.
- Radio network planners who would like to learn more about the e-UTRAN.
- Multimedia Engineer who would like to learn the concepts and theory of LTE-SAE that transports your services to the users.
5-day instructor-led training.