After attending this course, participants will be able to:
- Know what technical problems do femtocells solve
- Learn how femtocells apply to different mobile phone technologies
- Have an overview of the femtocell system architecture
- Explain how femtocell calls are made and how they connect to the main network
- Uncoverswhat’s inside a femtocell
- Understand how a network operator would ship and activate a femtocell for each customer
- Understand the technical issues that concern network operators today
- Understand what standards are involved in a femtocell system
Pre-Requisite for Participants:
Very good understanding of GSM networks, UMTS and/or HSPA. Also, concrete understanding of IP related technologies, i.e. DSL, Ethernet.
Who Should Attend?
GSM/WCDMA/HSDPA Radio Network Planning & Optimisation Engineers, Managers, Product Managers, Network Engineers.
- Introduction to Femtocells.
- Indoor Coverage Techniques.
- Access Network Architecture.
- Air-Interface Technologies.
- Femtocell Scenarios.
- Interference in the Presence of Femtocells.
- Mobility Management.
- Other Femtocell Issues.