After successful completion of the training, Participants will be able to:
- Understand all IMO-SOLAS regulations for GMDSS
- Learn the architectures of GMDSS
- Undestand the technologies and systems of GMDSS
- Describe the procedures of operating GMDSS systems
Pre-Requisite for Participants:
Basic knowledge of electrical or electronic engineering and/or Radio Communications (HF/CHF/UHF).
Who Should Attend?
Maritime & Offshore officers, engineers, radio operators and navigation officers.
- Introduction to IMO & GMDSS systems
- Marine Radio Communications
- General Regulations and Procedures
- Digital Selective Calling
- DSC and Radiotelephony procedures
- INMARSAT Systems
- EPIRBs and SARTs
- Maritime Safety Information