After successfully completing this course, participants will learn:
- Optical fiber design and installation in the outside plant environment
- Optical Fibre Fundamentals
- Outside Plant Engineering
- Outside Plant Construction
- Design & Build Contractors
- Optical Fibre O&M
- Optical Fibre Networks
Pre-Requisite for Participants:
The participants should have an understanding of outside plant operations.
Who Should Attend?
Telecommunications technicians and engineers that are responsible for design, placement, and maintenance of optical fiber networks in the outside plant environment.
- Signal Propagation in a Fiber
- Optical Power and Loss
- Optical Signal to Noise Ratio (OSNR)
- Chromatic Dispersion (CD)
- Polarization Mode Dispersion (PMD)
- WDMs and Couplers
- Fiber Nonlinear Impairments
- Fiber Characterization
- Testing Ethernet and SONET/SDH Networks
- Network Elements
- Dark Fiber
- Fibre Network Planning