After successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand and describe the LTE architecture
- Understand the EPC/SAE architecture and its components
- Learn the main ways of delivering voice/sms over LTE networks
- Understand the inner-workings of CS-Fallback
- Understand how IMS works and how it is related to delivering Voice service over LTE network
- Understand the delivery of SMS services over IP
- Gain In-depth technical understanding of “Voice over LTE (VoLTE)”
- Learn about VoLGA
- Understand the Pros and Cons of each solution
The course provides a solid technical understanding of the different LTE voice and SMS solutions endorsed by 3GPP, and the LTE industry. More specifically, the course covers three ways of providing Voice/SMS services over LTE. The non-IMS based solutions ‘CS Fallback’ and ‘SMS over SGs’, the IMS-based solutions ‘Single Radio VCC’ and ‘SMS over IP’ as well as VoLTE via Generic Access. The course contains an overview of LTE/EPC and IMS, targeted at the telephony services, so participants grasp a solid know-how on the technical aspects of the VoLTE.
Completing the course, participants will be proficient enough to be able to decide which solution fits best to their network based on their existing infrastructure and their strategy. They will also be able to evaluate the pros and cons of each solution as well as understand the technical innerworkings of each solution.
Pre-Requisite for Participants:
Basic knowledge of the LTE/EPC and legacy 2G/3G systems (GSM/UMTS), IP-based communication.
Who Should Attend?
Radio and Packet core engineers, managers, project managers, IP engineers, Technical product managers, technical marketing officials, technical strategy officials.
LTE Network Architecture and Interfaces
EPS Network Architecture
Circuit Switched Fallback (CSFB)
The IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS)
VoLTE Requirements on IETF Protocols
|Single Radio Voice Call Continuity (SRVCC)
Solutions for SMS over LTE
MMTel Supplementary Services