After attending the "Overview of 3G / 4G / 5G Mobile Technologies" training, participants will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of cellular and mobile networks and their associated technologies
- Appreciate the differences between cellular networks i.e. 2G, 3G, 4G, 5G and their evolutions
- Examine the benefits and limitations of each cellular network system and how they inter-operate with each other and other telecommunications systems (e.g. PSTN)
- Acknowledge the differences between Licensed and Unlicensed Frequencies and demonstrate an appreciation of Fixed Mobile systems
- Understand alternative wireless data and voice networks technologies (e.g. Wi-Fi/WiMAX, UMA, Het-Net) and the growing importance of Mobile Offloading
- Be aware of emerging Mobile Technologies, Systems, Networks and Terminals
- Consider the future trends of Mobile Communications especially 5G and the Internet of Things
Who Should Attend?
- People who wish to understand traditional cellular networks (3GPP networks i.e. GSM/UMTS/LTE) and also alternative technologies (non-3GPP networks i.e. Wi-Fi/WiMAX etc.) of mobile communication that can provide voice and data services.
- Those who are keen to know more about the future of mobile communication technologies – 5G and the Internet of Things.
- High level Executives who wish to have an overview knowledge of each technology and a better understanding of the industry.
3-day instructor-led training
- An examination of the capabilities, functions and fundamentals of second generation (2G) and third generation (3G) of cellular and mobile networks, technologies and systems
- An examination of new 4G mobile communication system
- How and why mobile and cellular communication networks, technologies, services and terminals are changing and evolving
- A look into the future world of Mobile Communications – The Internet of Things and 5G Mobile Technology