LTE is the latest technology in the 4G series and LTE Advanced and VoLTE is being planned and deployed. LTE Cell Planning course is designed to accommodate the previous technologies like UMTS and GPRS and going further preparing you for LTE and VoLTE. Cell dimensioning is critical due to different services. Participants will learn how to calculate link budgets and cell planning for users in cell edge (under worst case scenario). Interference is also critical for throughput calculations and frequency planning principles with the scheduler performance. By mastering these techniques, participants will learn how to improve throughput optimization and end user experience.
Introduction to Long Term Evolution (LTE) or 4G generation cellular network. The radio channel conditions, RF propagation and frequency planning will be presented on the first part of the seminar in order to introduce the practical issues resolve by OFDM/MIMO and resists over the air interface. Link budgets, cell edge and capacity coverage principles are explained and described in details. Attention is also given in post processing techniques like KPI’s and troubleshooting techniques. These techniques will introduce engineers to post processing tools and ideas which are useful to optimize radio access network with real traffic.
- Trainer will present the material in details along with exercises, puzzles, case studies, and interesting group activities to enrich the learning experience and drive home the essential points.
- Material can be customized based on the background of the participants, making new ideas easier to learn as well as relevant to their daily work.
- Printed Participant Slides Handbook will provided.
Pre-Requisite for Participants:
LTE principles – overview is recommended. LTE air interface is also recommended.
Who Should Attend?
This course is suitable for:
- Mobile Networks Engineer who would like to “fill in the holes” and catch up with LTE planning and optimizing principles.
- Radio network planners who would like to learn more about the e-UTRAN.
- Multimedia Engineer who would like to learn the concepts and theory of LTE-SAE that transports your services to the users.
5-day instructor-led training.