After attending this "An Overview of Cyber Security" training, participants will be able to:
- Describe the principal types of security threat which individual computer users, governments, SMEs and large corporations are exposed to;
- Describe the strengths and weaknesses of defence mechanisms deployed by end users, network administrators, and network operators to overcome security threats
- Understand the separate motivations of hackers, crackers and risk managers, and the role each plays in the current cybersecurity landscape;
- Appreciate the evolution of the technology involved in cybersecurity, including concepts such as encryption, firewalls, layering, redundancy, identity and authentication
- Appreciate the increasing importance of cybersecurity in Internet based products, particularly arising from the growth in cloud computing
- Develop a war gaming approach to test the security of networks
This course is designed to give experienced telecoms and computer network professionals additional specialised cybersecurity skills, allowing them to focus on how end-to-end network protection is optimised. For executives without a background in networking, and are tasked with protecting their company against cyber-attacks, the course provides an appreciation of network vulnerabilities used by hackers, and the techniques used to thwart them. Internet users will gain valuable insights on how to keep themselves protected and to prevent exposure to vulnerable network.
The ever present threat of cyber attacks, which can paralyse a laptop, a corporation or a government, requires a portfolio of weapons to be maintained in the cyber armoury to protect and deter. A virus protection programme, a firewall, or network redundancy scheme used in isolation will rarely provide adequate projection. This course not only gives an overview of the latest protection mechanisms, but also describes also how a multi-faceted protection solution should be adopted, to keep up with the evolving threat.
Who Should Attend?
Network Security Executives, Network Security Auditors, Business Continuity Professionals, Telecom and Computer Network Engineers, Strategic Network Planners, Security Product Development. Telecom Regulators.
2 - day instructor-led training event
- The Cyber Security Landscape
- Types of attack and motivation
- Key Areas requiring Security
- Strengths and weaknesses of defence mechanisms
- Cyber Security Solutions
Threats are a fact of life in the world of cyber security. One of the most challenging aspects of cyber security is constantly evolving nature of security risks.From internal threats to creative ransomware to the Industrial Internet of Things (IoT), security experts surmised that commercial cyber security threats would likely materialize in the next years.
Some of the Cyber Attacks that need to be avoided are : Malware (including Trojans, viruses and worms), Phishing Attacks, Password Attacks, Denial-of-Service (DoS) Attacks, Rogue Software, etc.
We cannot eliminate the threats but we can be protected from them. This should be done without disrupting business innovation and growth.
How can we defend ourselves against these threats and risks?
The only sure defense is Knowledge. And Top Management of any organisation needs to have this Knowledge.