After attending this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the importance of Carrier Ethernet
- Build Networks To Deliver Carrier Ethernet Services
- Design optimal applications of Carrier Ethernet for Service-Provider Markets
- Describe Carrier Ethernet Deployment Solutions
- Describe, compare and choose according to application, how Ethernet Services can be delivered over different transport technologies.
- How Carrier Ethernet is used as an access technology and their relevance to network operators.
- Describe and distinguish between the different service attributes and how these are used to meet customer demands
- Compare and position Ethernet services to other alternatives
- Examine options for delivery of next generation services over Carrier Ethernet
- Identify how services OAM is performed
- Identify how QoS and security can be guaranteed
Pre-requisite for Participants
Basic knowledge of data communications is expected from the participants.
Who Should Attend?
Technical marketing or product managers, pre-sales engineers, product planners, network consultants, technical sales, network operations engineers and application consultants.
Duration and Training Format
- General Introduction
- Ethernet basics
- Metro Ethernet Forum Architecture and Services
- The IETF architectures
- Improving Ethernet standards
- Ethernet transport
- Traffic Engineering and QoS
- Migration process