After attending the training, participants will be able to:
- Gain a good knowledge IP basics and TCP/IP protocols
- Learn about various transmission technologies and media
- Develop a fundamental understanding of Microwave transmission engineering and design such that the network does not suffer from interference.
- Develop a conceptual understanding and theoretical underpinnings of Fiber Optic transmission
- Develop a basic understanding of Optical Network and design and optical network based transmission system.
- Understand the basics of Carrier Ethernet technology and how to manage the transmission links after migrating from existing TDM based networks to all IP based networks.
This course provides a basic understanding of the configuration, communications, and management of TCP/IP networks and its associated protocols. Basics of IP Routing and Switching, as well as an introduction of MPLS would also be touched upon. An overview of Radio Transmission Technologies and Systems Engineering will be covered. Important aspects of radio propagation, starting from free-space loss and absorption loss, followed by statistical analysis of various phenomena impairing radio reception process, will also be included. Fundamental overview of fiber network design, WDMs, SDH, Fiber planning, etc will be covered too.
The participants will gain detailed knowledge and benefits of IP, TCP / IP Protocols and transmission technologies such as Microwave, Fiber Optic communication, Carrier Ethernet. They will understand the impact of IP on traditional TDM networks, benefits and capabilities, as well as possible challenges after the migration from traditional TDM based network to all IP based network.
Pre-requisite for Participants:
Basic knowledge on Telecommunications technology is required.
Who Should Attend?
For engineers and managers responsible for the planning, design, and operation of networks and services.
3-day instructor-led training