This course focuses on the implications and distinguishing features of a 4G wireless system versus the existing 2G and 3G systems.Participants learn the following:
- Differences between LTE and WiMAX technologies. – The related layer 1 and 2 protocol functions will be dealt with in great detail.
- Radio propagation and physical layer characteristics in different deployment scenarios. – The achievable data rates will be analyzed.
- MAC layer and IP end-to-end architecture in relation to how it differs from the existing 3G network.
- Deployment and rollout strategies.
- Advanced techniques and their performance (beamforming, space-time coding, MIMO, different handover schemes).
Pre-Requisite for Participants:
A basic knowledge of wireless communication systems, GSM and UMTS/HSPA is required.
Who Should Attend?
Technical managers who wish to learn and understand the benefits and differences between LTE and WiMAX. Technical managers who have to decide whether to adopt LTE or WiMAX, infrastructure and terminal development and network deployment engineers who require knowledge of LTE and WiMAX for their introduction or coexistence with 2G and 3G networks.
- LTE and WiMAX Principles
- LTE Physical Layer
- LTE Radio Access Procedures
- WiMAX Physical Layer
- Mobile WiMAX
- WiMAX Access Procedures
- LTE and WiMAX Radio Network Planning
- LTE and WiMAX Network Architecture
- LTE and WiMAX Comparison Summary