At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Explain what 3G and UMTS are
- Describe the migration path to 3G
- Describe the 3G principles
- Describe the 3G architecture
- Describe the 3G protocols
- Learn the procedures of the air interface
- Learn how hand-overs take place
- Learn how to design a 3G site
- Learn what services can be launched over a 3G network
- Describe the 3G UMTS-TDD mode of operation
- Describe the impact of HSDPA and HSUPA on UMTS Rel. 99 networks
Pre-Requisite for Participants:
Good knowledge of GSM networks, RF, circuit switching and IP networking.
Who Should Attend?
Technical Managers who wish to have a good understanding of the challenges and trade-offs of WCDMA, Development Engineers requiring a good end-to-end introduction to the operation of WCDMA network, Radio Network Engineers, anyone who needs to know about UMTS, how it works and how it is deployed.
- Brief Introduction to Digital Communications
- 3GPP Standardisation
- 3G System Architecture
- The Protocol Stack at the Air-Interface
- The 3G Air Interface
- Cellular 3G Networks
- Services for 3G
- 3G Site Design