At the end of the course the delegates will be able to:
- Understand why indoor solutions are needed and how they can be integrated with the existing outdoor 3G network
- Understand the type of antenna system to use, how many antennas are required and where to install the antennas for maximum coverage and capacity and minimum interference
- Control traffic to and from an indoor cell as desired by using parameters and features
- Learn about femptocells and their role in converging fixed and mobile networks
Pre-Requisite for Participants:
Good knowledge of GSM network performance, 3G fundamentals.
Who Should Attend?
Technical Managers, Radio Network Engineers, Development Engineers.
- 3G Indoor Design Process & Capability Dimensioning
Step by step design process, Traffic and Subscriber Trends, Channel Usage and Calculation
- Node B & Advanced Antenna Systems
Node B and Repeater Applications, Distributed Antenna System
- System Design
Design levels for indoor cells, Indoor propagation estimations, Link budgets for buildings and tunnels
- Planning and Parameter Settings
Frequency reuse, Parameter settings and Traffic control