At the end of this five day course, participants will understand what is required in the planning of microwave based access network for GSM and 3G networks. They will understand migration issues arising from migrating transmission networks towards all-IP environment. This course is designed to teach participants the essence of microwave path planning. Once completed they will be able to design and maintain cost-effective solutions. The students will also learn how to design paths that will not suffer from interference, or disturb other radio systems in the vicinity.
Pre-Requisite for Participants:
Basic understanding of telecom, 2G and PDH is needed.
Who Should Attend?
This course is suitable for telecommunications professionals, including transmission engineers, network planners and technical project managers who are involved in the area of planning, deployment, commissioning or operation of modern Radio-relay Digital Microwave Radio.
- Microwave Link Planning
- Link Budget Calculation
- Microwave Propagation
- Link Engineering
- Field Survey
- Link Performance and Availability Considerations
- Hypothetical Reference Connection G.821
- Protection and Diversity
- Frequency Planning and Interference Analysis
- Overview for 3G and 4G Networks – The big picture
- Wireless Networks Backhaul Overview
- ATM as a Backhaul Solution
- Microwave in Wireless Backhaul
- Carrier Ethernet in IP Backhaul
- Wireless Backhaul Evolution Scenario
- Backhaul Capacity Planning